Dissolved oxygen sensor
The Dissolved Oxygen sensor ML75m measures the concentration of dissolved oxygen in water samples. The sensor consists of an oxygen electrode, which is a Clark-type polarographic electrode that senses the oxygen concentration in water and aqueous solutions. A platinum cathode and a silver/silver chloride reference anode in KCl electrolyte are separated from the sample by a gas-permeable plastic membrane. The Dissolved Oxygen sensor is automatically temperature compensated. The temperature output of this sensor is used to automatically compensate for changes in permeability of the membrane with changing temperature. The Dissolved Oxygen sensor is delivered with replacement membrane cap, Sodium Sulfite Calibration Standard, oxygen probe electrode filing solution, calibration bottle, and filling pipette.
Since dissolved oxygen is one of the primary indicators of the quality of an aquatic environment, you can use this sensor to perform a wide variety of tests or planned experiments to determine the changes in dissolved oxygen levels:
• Monitor dissolved oxygen in an aquarium containing different combinations of plant and animal species.
• Measure changes in dissolved oxygen concentration resulting from photosynthesis and respiration in aquatic plants.
• Use this sensor for an accurate on-site test of dissolved oxygen concentration in a stream or lake survey, in order to evaluate the capability of the water to support different types of plant- and animal life.
• Measure Biological Oxygen Demand (B.O.D.) in water samples containing organic matter that consumes oxygen as it decays.
• Determine the relationship between the dissolved oxygen concentration and the temperature of a water sample.
The Dissolved Oxygen sensor ML75m is a digital sensor (on-sensor digital conversion), which gives calibrated values of the measured quantity. This sensor can only
be connected to the CMA MoLab interface and not to other CMA interfaces such as VinciLab, CoachLab II+ or EuroLab.
Technical specifications of the sensor are described in its User's guide
Price ex VAT