The Voltage sensor ML17f is designed for exploring the basic principles of electricity. With a wide input voltage range of – 15 to 15 V this sensor can be used to measure voltages in AC and DC circuits. The sensor is equipped with two 4-mm banana plugs and two additional alligator clips are delivered with the sensor. The sensor has differential inputs, which means that measurements can be done directly across circuit elements without the constraints of common grounding. It can be used to measure positive potentials, as well as negative potentials. The sensor is provided with over-voltage protection and voltages up to ± 30 V (related to ground) will not damage the sensor. It never can be used for higher voltages or 220 V.
The Voltage sensor can be used in various experiments such as:
• Charging and discharging capacitors.
• Characteristics of a light bulb and a diode.
• Measurements of internal resistance and EMF.
• Measurements in series and parallel electrical circuits.
• Together with a Current Sensor it can be used to explore the relationship between the current and the voltage in electrical circuits.
The Voltage sensor ML17f is a digital sensor (on-sensor digital conversion), which gives calibrated values of the measured quantity. This sensor can only
be connected to the CMA MoLab interface and not to other CMA interfaces such as VinciLab, CoachLab II+ or EuroLab.
Technical specifications of the sensor are described in its User's guide
Price ex VAT