Dissolved Oxygen sensor
The Dissolved Oxygen (DO) sensor BT34i measures the concentration of dissolved oxygen in water samples in the range from 0 to 15 mg/L. The sensor uses a Clark-type polarographic electrode and It consists of a DO probe and a membrane cap.
The sensor is delivered with replacement membrane cap, polishing strip, oxygen probe electrolyte, filling pipette, calibration bottle (empty, lid with hole), and Sodium Sulfite Calibration Standard (2 M Na2SO3).
Dissolved oxygen levels are used as a general indicator of water quality. Oxygen is essential to life and vital for countless aquatic forms.The sensor can be used to perform a variety of experiments:
• Monitoring dissolved oxygen in an aquarium containing different combinations of plant and animal species.
• Measuring changes in dissolved oxygen concentration resulting from photosynthesis and respiration in aquatic plants.
• Measuring dissolved oxygen concentration in a stream or lake survey, in order to evaluate the capability of the water to support different types of plant and animal life.
• Measure Biological Oxygen Demand (B.O.D.) in water samples containing organic matter that consumes oxygen as it decays.
• Determine the relationship between the dissolved oxygen concentration and the temperature of a water sample.
The Dissolved Oxygen sensor can be directly connected to the analog BT inputs of the CMA interfaces.The sensor cable needed to connect the sensor to an interface is attached to the sensor.
Technical specifications of the sensor are described in its User's guide
Price ex VAT