Blood Pressure sensor
The Blood Pressure sensor BT17i allows measuring arterial blood pressure. The sensor measures the pressure in the connected cuff caused by the interaction between the cuff and the blood flow through the brachial artery. The systolic and diastolic blood pressure can be calculated using the oscillometric method (non-invasive method). The Blood Pressure sensor consists of:
- a pressure sensor with measurement range between 0 .. 375 mmHg,
- a standard adjustable blood pressure cuff (size: 24 cm to 35 cm),
- a bulb pump with a control valve.
The blood pressure cuff consists of an inflatable bladder connected by one hose to a hand pump bulb and by a second hose to the pressure sensor box. The user can set the rate of cuff deflation manually with the control valve.
The following experiments can be performed with the Blood pressure sensor:
• Measure blood pressure before and after exercise and while sitting or standing;
• Compare blood pressure after voluntary isometric contractions (weight lifting) and a rhythmic activity such as running or biking;
• Study the effect of caffeine on blood pressure.
The Blood Pressure sensor can be directly connected to the analog BT inputs of the CMA interfaces.Attention:
The sensor cable BT - IEEE1394 needed to connect the sensor to an interface is not
supplied with the sensor and has to be purchased separately (CMA Art. Nr BTsc_1).
Technical specifications of the sensor are descibed it its User's guide
Price ex VAT