Photogate (incl. pulley)
The Photogate ML54f is a traditional photogate, which consists of a light gate allowing detecting objects passing between the photogate arms. In this light gate, a narrow infrared beam is directed to a fast infrared detector, which produces very accurate signals for timing. The use of infrared light makes the sensor relatively insensitive to room lighting. The Photogate includes a pulley attachment and a steel support rod for mounting it to a stand.
Up to five photogates can be chained to a single sensor input in a daisy-chain configuration. The cabels needed for such daisy-chain connection are not supplied with the photogate andhas to be purchased separately (CMA art. nr. 07662).
The CMA Drop counter accessory 0662drop can be attached to the photogate for titration experiments. This accessory is not supplied with the photogate and has to be purchased separately (CMA art. nr. 0662drop).
The Photogate can be used for a wide variety of experiments:
• Counting events
• Measuring the speed of a moving (rolling) object (with the pulley attachment)
• Measuring volume in titration experiments (with the drop counter attachment)
• For timing experiments like:
- Studying the time period of a pendulum
- Measuring the speed of a moving card object
- Measuring the acceleration due to gravity (e.g. by using a picket fence).
The Photogate ML54f is a digital sensor (on-sensor digital conversion), which gives calibrated values of the measured quantity. This sensor can only
be connected to the CMA MoLab interface and not to other CMA interfaces such as VinciLab, CoachLab II+ or EuroLab.
Technical specifications of the sensor are described in its User's guide
Price ex VAT