The Thermocouple sensor 0135i measures temperatures in two ranges:
• -200 .. 1300 °C (wide range), and
• -20 .. 110 °C (narrow range).
These ranges are selected using the switch placed on the side of the sensor box, next to the thermocouple wire.
The sensor uses a thermocouple type K. The thermocouple consists of Chromega (Nickel - Chromium) and Alomega (Nickel - Aluminium) wires that are welded together at one end to form a measuring (hot) junction. The other ends of the wires form the so-called cold junction.
The Thermocouple can be used for temperature measurements (the sensor is quick and precise). Examples of applications for the wide temperature range (-200 .. 1300 °C) are:
• Measurements of the temperature inside a Bunsen burner flame or candles,
• Experimentally determine the melting point of copper, bismuth, or other solids,
Examples of applications for the narrow temperature range (-20 .. 110 °C) are:
• Measuring freezing and boiling points,
• Specific heat experiments,
• Measurement of breath.
Technical specifications of the sensor are described in its User's guide
Price ex VAT