The CMA Colorimeter BT29i measures the amount of light transmitted through a sample solution and it can be used to determine the concentration of a solution. It has four LED light sources emitting light of different wavelengths, violet 430 nm, blue 470 nm, green 565 nm and red 635 nm. The wavelength is selected by pressing the front panel arrow keys. The Colorimeter is delivered with 10 plastic cuvettes with caps.
The Colorimeter can be used in experiments such as:
• Application of Beer's law e.g. Crystal violet or Copper Sulphate.
• Measuring of unknown concentrations.
• Reaction kinetics – measuring reaction rate, reaction order or reaction equilibrium.
• Quantitative determination of biological molecules e.g. sugars, protein, vitamins.
• Quantitative determination of inorganic ions e.g. nitrate, phosphate.
• Population growth of microorganisms.
The Colorimeter can be directly connected to the analog BT inputs of the CMA interfaces. Attention:
The sensor cable BT - IEEE1394 needed to connect the sensor to an interface is not
supplied with the sensor and has to be purchased separately (CMA Art. Nr BTsc_1).
Technical specifications of the sensor are described in its User's guide
Price ex VAT