3-Axis Acceleration sensor
The 3-Axis Acceleration sensor ML29s measures acceleration along 3 axes x, y, and z. The sensor has 3 measurement ranges: - 2 .. 2 g (default), - 4 .. 4 g, and - 8 .. 8 g. The sensor gives values on a g scale, whereby one g is the acceleration due to gravity at the Earth’s surface, 9.81 m/s2. The sensing element of the sensor is mounted inside the air box. The directions of the axes are marked on the sensor’s label.
The 3-Axis Acceleration sensor can be used to study, e.g.:
• Bungee jump.
• Pendulum motion.
• Changes in acceleration in a golf swing.
• Explanation of free fall,
• Tilting of an object.
Also the sensor can be used in any experiment that uses only one or two axes, examples include:
• Measure the acceleration of dynamics carts as they roll down inclines.
• Measure the acceleration of dynamics carts as a force is applied to them.
• Measure acceleration of elevators, remote-controlled cars, bicycles, orautomobiles.
The 3-Axis Acceleration ML29s is a digital sensor (on-sensor digital conversion), which gives calibrated values of the measured quantity. This sensor can only
be connected to the CMA MoLab interface and not to other CMA interfaces such as VinciLab, CoachLab II+ or EuroLab.
Technical specifications of the sensor aredescribed in its User's guide
Price ex VAT